Student activists are using the 19th anniversary of Columbine—the mass school shooting that changed how America viewed school safety—to stage mass walkouts in calls for reducing gun violence. (April 19, 2018)
Rules for Engagement
During an emotional public safety forum in Broward County, Fla., shaken students and enraged parents and educators demanded fixes for what they consider lax security, district indifference, and failure to act to prevent the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School mass shooting. (April 18, 2018)
Commentary: Ian Rowe
Education Week Quiz
How are states adopting the Next Generation Science Standards, which "dimensions" are outlined in the NGSS, and how will students meet these new expectations?
Take Our Quiz.
The Art of Coaching Teachers
The former president told the crowd of education business leaders that the controversial federal law he championed was “one of the great pieces of civil rights legislation.” This story is from EdWeek Market Brief, a service offering business and school leaders actionable insights about the K-12 marketplace. (April 17, 2018)
National Content Partners
Building School Culture With Community Circles (Video) (04/18 02:29 pm)
Regional News Partners
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- School Designer
- Abl, San Francisco, California
- High School Principal - award winning school in beautiful CAPE COD, MA
- Nauset Public Schools, Eastham, Massachusetts
- Science Curriculum Coordinator (JK-12)
- Cambridge Public Schools, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- High School Principal - Monument Mountain Regional High School
- Berkshire Hills Regional School District, Great Barrington, Massachusetts
- Upper Elementary Teacher
- Green Ivy Schools, New York City, New York