Redesigning Professional Development for Academic Growth
Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 2 to 3 p.m. ET
Note: No special equipment other than Internet access is needed to participate in any of our text-based chats. Participants may begin submitting questions the morning of the chat.
What are the strategies to align teacher professional development and student academic growth? The nonprofit organization Education Resource Strategies studied three school districts and a charter management organization that have high-needs populations, revamped their PD, and have seen growth in student performance.
Report author David Rosenberg will talk about the “connected professional learning” practiced by these districts and the way they shifted their resources to support this high-level work.
David Rosenberg, partner, Education Resource Strategies
Christina Samuels, assistant editor, Education Week
All questions are screened by an edweek.org editor prior to posting. A question is not displayed until the moderator poses it to the guest(s). Due to the volume of questions received, we cannot guarantee that all questions will be answered, or answered in the order of submission. Guests and hosts may decline to answer any questions. Concise questions are strongly encouraged.
Please be sure to include your name when posting your question.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Teachers Needed at Top International Schools in China & Hong Kong! All Grades/Subjects
- Edvectus, China (CN)
- Chief Academic Officer
- Creative Minds International PCS, Washington D.C.
- Superintendent, Davenport Community School District
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Davenport, Iowa
- Hawai'i Department of Education Virtual Career Fair
- TopSchoolJobs eXPO, Hawai'i - Statewide
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida