New Strategies for Using Video to Enhance Teacher PD
Thursday, October 8, 2015, 2 to 3 p.m. ET
Note: No special equipment other than Internet access is needed to participate in any of our text-based chats. Participants may begin submitting questions the morning of the chat.
New Strategies for Using Video to Enhance Teacher PDThursday, October 8, 2015, 2 to 3 p.m. ET
Schools and districts are increasingly pairing video with supports like embedded assessments, mentoring, and learning communities to enhance professional development. Video’s objectivity, ability to provide real-time feedback, and teachers’ increasing comfort level with the medium are making it a go-to tool for improving teacher practice.
In this chat, two experts in video technology and teacher learning will take your questions on the latest trends in using video to improve educator collaboration and classroom practice.
Candice Meyers, video engagement consultant, co-founder of Teaching Channel
Misty Mitchell, media and educational technology specialist, Hudson Middle School, Lufkin, Tex.
Michelle R. Davis (@ewmdavis), senior writer, Education Week Digital Directions
All questions are screened by an edweek.org editor prior to posting. A question is not displayed until the moderator poses it to the guest(s). Due to the volume of questions received, we cannot guarantee that all questions will be answered, or answered in the order of submission. Guests and hosts may decline to answer any questions. Concise questions are strongly encouraged.
Please be sure to include your name when posting your question.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- High School Principal - Mercer Island High School
- Mercer Island School District, Mercer Island, Washington State
- Professor of Practice in K-12 Educational Leadership
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Multiple Positions
- Legacy Academy of Excellence Charter School, Rockford, Illinois
- Case High School - Principal - Racine Unified School District
- Racine Unified School District, Racine, Wisconsin
- University Guidance Counselor. IB School. Dubai.
- Galvin Education, Dubai (City) (AE)