About this series: The federal government is betting nearly a billion dollars a year that using a more explicit and systematic approach to reading instruction will improve student achievement. In this two-part series researched over the past year, Education Week found that officials are putting their faith in a select group of scholars, a small body of research, and a handful of commercial products to get the job done.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- School Designer
- Abl, San Francisco, California
- Upper Elementary Teacher
- Green Ivy Schools, New York City, New York
- Math Specialist
- Roosevelt Children's Academy, Roosevelt, New York
- Principal, Northview High School
- Dothan City Schools, Dothan, Alabama
- Vice President for Academic Services
- Oklahoma School of Science and Math, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma