About this series: The federal government is betting nearly a billion dollars a year that using a more explicit and systematic approach to reading instruction will improve student achievement. In this two-part series researched over the past year, Education Week found that officials are putting their faith in a select group of scholars, a small body of research, and a handful of commercial products to get the job done.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Assistant Superintendent, Innovative Programs
- Fulton County Schools, Atlanta, GA, US
- Director of System Level Partnerships
- Teaching Matters, New York City, New York
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship
- Department Of Energy, Washington D.C.
- Middle States Association Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Special Education
- Marion County Public Schools, Ocala, Florida