Professional development has the potential to not only improve teacher practice, but to make a real difference for students. But too often, professional development has been criticized as unfocused and irrelevant. But many school systems are overhauling their PD programs to tie them closely to teacher needs and to districtwide academic goals.
In this special report, Education Week explores some of those efforts, including the rise of microcredentials, math training for preschool teachers, and programs aimed at supporting instructional coaches.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Online K-12 Job Fair for Teachers | Duval County Public Schools
- Duval County Public Schools, FL, Jacksonville, FL
- Online K-12 Job Fair for Teachers | Volusia County School District
- Volusia County School District, FL, DeLand, FL
- Online K-12 Job Fair for Teachers | District of Columbia Public Schools
- District of Columbia Public Schools, Washington, DC
- Online K-12 Job Fair for Teachers | Quincy School District
- Quincy School District, WA, Quincy, WA
- Online K-12 Job Fair for Teachers | Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, NV, Las Vegas, NV