Data: Mapping the States on This Year's Quality Counts
New Jersey and Massachusetts earn the nation’s highest overall marks on the “Quality Counts 2019” report card, with grades of B-plus. New Mexico gets the nation’s lowest grade, a D. In all, 32 states receive grades between C-plus and C-minus.
For a description of what these education indicators mean, view the grading scale and methodology.
- • Having trouble viewing this? Download the grading summary (PDF | 180KB)
- • Get more information on individual states with State Highlights Reports
- • View the grading scale, methodology, sources, and notes
- • See Also: In National Ranking of School Systems, a New State Is On Top
- • See Also: Boosting School Quality Remains a Slog for States, Nation
Vol. 39, Issue 03