When former charter school executive Marshall Tuck called Assemblyman Tony Thurmond to concede over the weekend, it marked another defeat for charter-school advocates in California.
November 19, 2018 – McClatchy-Tribune
"We're a very rural, farm community. Even if kids don't want to hunt, there's a chance they'll someday encounter guns. We just want them to have knowledge about how to stay safe," one teacher said.
November 19, 2018 – AP
The state commission investigating the Florida high school massacre began discussions Friday on what recommendations it will make regarding student safety, mental health, and steps to prevent future school shootings.
November 17, 2018 – AP
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Most Popular Stories
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- Alder GSE Associate Dean
- Alder GSE, Los Angeles, California
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida
- Chief Academic Officer
- Creative Minds International PCS, Washington D.C.
- Upper Elementary Teacher
- Red Hill Montessori Academy, Farmington Hills, Michigan