Are Schools Falling Behind?
More than half of educators—51 percent—say updating curriculum to get students ready for the jobs of the future is a top priority, according to a poll by the Education Week Research Center. The challenge is figuring out what schools ought to teach. Is it creativity? Data science? Soft skills? In this special report, Education Week tries to fill in some of those blanks. Read on to find out what companies want from new employees, how teachers are infusing “big data” skills into math lessons, and what schools are doing to expose students to cutting-edge business operations. Are your students ready for tomorrow’s workplace?
REPRINT THIS REPORT
Contact [email protected].
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Literacy Coach
- Denali Borough School District, Healy, Alaska
- Teachers - K-12 Charter School
- Burns Science and Technology Charter School, Oak Hill, Florida
- Teacher, 2020-2021 School Year (All Subject and Grades K-12)
- New Foundations Charter School, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida