What skills do students really need for work?
In survey after survey, employers complain that today’s young job candidates lack practical skills in reading, writing, speaking, and digital literacy. In this special report, Education Week probes the disconnect between what schools teach and what the workplace demands and highlights how some K-12 educators are attempting to bridge those gaps.
Education Week Experts
REPRINT THIS REPORT
Contact [email protected].
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Librarian, US/IB curriculum, Dubai. Aug 2019
- Galvin Education, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- Director of Business and Finance
- Westwood Public Schools, Westwood, Massachusetts
- Elementary School Principal
- Wayland Public Schools, Wayland, Massachusetts
- INNOVATION SCHOOL FOUNDING PRINCIPAL (19-20 School Year) (1338)
- Ferguson-Florissant School District, Saint Louis, Missouri