What skills do students really need for work?
In survey after survey, employers complain that today’s young job candidates lack practical skills in reading, writing, speaking, and digital literacy. In this special report, Education Week probes the disconnect between what schools teach and what the workplace demands and highlights how some K-12 educators are attempting to bridge those gaps.
Education Week Experts
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Chief Academic Officer
- Creative Minds International PCS, Washington D.C.
- High School Geometry Teacher
- Confidential, Paramus, New Jersey
- Assistant Superintendent for Support Services
- Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Drafting / Architecture / 3D Prototyping
- Garinger High School, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Director in Training
- Learning Care Group, Raleigh, North Carolina