What skills do students really need for work?
In survey after survey, employers complain that today’s young job candidates lack practical skills in reading, writing, speaking, and digital literacy. In this special report, Education Week probes the disconnect between what schools teach and what the workplace demands and highlights how some K-12 educators are attempting to bridge those gaps.
Education Week Experts
REPRINT THIS REPORT
Contact [email protected].
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Elementary, Middle and High School Teachers in China
- Dipont Education, China (CN)
- JOB FAIR at THE SEED SCHOOL OF MARYLAND on March 2, 2019 from 9:00 AM-1:00 PM
- SEED School of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland
- Upper School Spanish Teacher
- The Hun School of Princeton, Princeton, New Jersey
- Executive Director of Special Education
- Fairbanks North Star Borough School District, Fairbanks, Alaska
- Director, Improvement and Impact Design Team
- Battelle for Kids, Columbus, Ohio