Links in Education Week: March 14, 2012
- The 2009 report "School Is Not Supposed to Hurt" is by the National Disability Rights Network. The group released an updated version on March 6, 2012.
- The New York City school district set up a digital "common-core library" that includes 13 "bundles" of sample activities, lesson plans, and other resources for instruction.
- "National Standards and Benchmarks for Effective Catholic Elementary and Secondary Schools" was developed by the Center for Catholic School Effectiveness at Loyola University of Chicago, in collaboration with the Roche Center for Catholic Education at the Lynch School of Education at Boston College.
- The Future of School Integration: Socioeconomic Diversity as an Education Reform Strategy is a compilation by the Century Foundation.
- The 40,000-student Anoka-Hennepin school district has agreed to provide significant new protections to prevent the harassment of students who are or are perceived to be lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender.
- "NAEP Background Questions: An Underused National Resource" is by a six-member expert panel commissioned by the National Assessment Governing Board.
Vol. 31, Issue 24