Links in Education Week: March 7, 2012
- Whither Opportunity? Rising Inequality, Schools, and Children's Life Chances is by Sean F. Reardon, Meredith Phillips, and others.
- A three-day conference, "Architecture for Implementing the Common Core Standards: Strategies, Partnerships, and Progress" took place Feb. 27-29 in Kentucky.
- Kentucky has recently crafted "college-readiness indicators."
- "First Year Principals in Urban School Districts: How Actions and Working Conditions Relate to Outcomes" is by RAND Corp..
SPECIAL REPORT: ACCELERATING INNOVATION
- "Injecting Successful Charter School Strategies Into Traditional Public Schools: Early Results From an Experiment in Houston" is by Harvard University.
Vol. 31, Issue 23