Links in Education Week: May 18, 2011
- "Mathematics Anxiety Affects Counting but Not Subitizing During Visual Enumeration" is by the Numerical Cognition Laboratory at the University of Western Ontario.
- Female Teachers’ Math Anxiety Impacts Girls’ Math Achievement is by the Department of Psychology and Committee on Education at the University of Chicago.
- The Effect of Negative Performance Stereotypes on Learning is by Indiana University.
- The National Education Association's policy statement was released May 7.
- "School Choice and the Branding of Catholic Schools" can be found in the spring edition of the journal Education Finance and Policy.
- "Student and Teacher Safety in Chicago Public Schools: The Roles of Community Context and School Social Organization" is by the Consortium on Chicago School Research at the University of Chicago.
Vol. 30, Issue 31