Links in Education Week: October 20, 2010
- "A National Portrait of Chronic Absenteeism in the Early Grades" is by the National Center for Children in Poverty.
- "Strengthening Schools by Strengthening Families" is by the Center for New York City Affairs at The New School.
- "Literary Study in Grades 9, 10, and 11: A National Survey" is by the Association of Literary Scholars, Critics, and Writers.
- "Gender, Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, and Reading Disability in a Population-Based Birth Cohort" can be found in the October issue of the journal Pediatrics.
- "Finishing the First Lap: The Cost of First-Year Student Attrition in America’s Four-Year Colleges and Universities" is by the American Institutes for Research.
- "An Analysis of the Recommendation Concerning the Transfer of RSD Schools to Local Control" is by the Cowen Institute for Public Education Initiatives at Tulane University.
- "New Trends in Gender and Mathematics Performance: A Meta-Analysis" will be published later this month in the online version of the journal Psychological Bulletin.
- "Can Teachers Be Evaluated by Their Students' Test Scores? Should They Be? The Use of Value-Added Measures of Teacher Effectiveness in Policy and Practice" is by the Annenberg Institute for School Reform.
- "Closing the Talent Gap: Attracting and Retaining Top Third Graduates to a Career in Teaching" is by McKinsey & Co.
Vol. 30, Issue 08