Links in Education Week: Nov. 28, 2007
ADHD Linked to Delay in Brain Development:
• "Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Is Characterized by a Delay in Cortical Maturation" appeared in an online edition of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
• "The National Survey of American Attitudes on Substance Abuse XII: Teens and Parents" is available from the National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse at Columbia University.
‘Gaming’ the NCLB System:
• "The Pangloss Index: How States Game the No Child Left Behind Acts" was written by Education Sector's Kevin Carey.
Students in Urban Districts Inching Forward on NAEP:
• Read the "2007 Trial Urban District Assessment" results in reading and mathematics.
College Board ‘Compact’ Targets Low-Income Students:
• "The CollegeKeys Compact, Getting In, and Getting Through College: Expanding Options for Low-Income Students" is available from the College Board.
Vol. 27, Issue 13