Links in Education Week: Nov. 14, 2007
PAGES 1, 14
PAGES 1, 16
Web Site Offers Information on ‘21st-Century Skills’:
• Visit the Partnership for 21st Century Skills' new Web site, "Route 21."
• "Emerging Answers 2007" was published by the National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy.
• "The Status of Science Education in Bay Area Elementary Schools" was conducted by the Lawrence Hall of Science at the University of California, Berkeley.
• "Approaches to Dropout Prevention: Heeding Early Warning Signs With Appropriate Interventions" is posted by the American Institutes for Research's National High School Center.
• "Who Is Ahead and Who Is Behind? Gaps in School Readiness and Student Achievement in the Early Grades for California’s Children" and "Early Care and Education in the Golden State: Publicly Funded Programs Serving California’s Preschool-Age Children" both were published by the Rand Corp.
N.Y.C. District Issues ‘Value Added’ Grades for Schools:
• Read the progress reports on New York City schools.
No Easy Answers About NCLB’s Effect on ‘Poverty Gap’:
• Standards-Based Reform and the Poverty Gap can be ordered from the Brookings Institution.
Vol. 27, Issue 12