The state of reading instruction in grades K-3
Early-grades reading instruction has long been a central point of emphasis—and concern—for educators and policymakers. That's in large part owing to a provocative body of research showing that students who don't read with proficiency by the end of 3rd grade are far more likely to experience poor academic outcomes, including leaving school without a diploma. This Education Week special report takes a wide-ranging look at new efforts to address the challenges of early-grades reading instruction.
Education Week Experts
Download The Digital Edition
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, Green Bay Area Schools
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Essex Westford School District, Essex Junction, VT, US
- 2019-2020 School Psychologist
- Newport News Public Schools, Newport News, VA, US
- White River Elementary School Principal
- Hartford School District, White River Junction, Vermont
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona