This special report, “The Chief Academic Officer’s Evolving Role: Powering Big-Picture Learning Goals,” examines the challenges CAOs are facing in school districts across the country and how they are working to improve academics in the age of common standards and digital teaching and learning. It features findings from an exclusive survey of district leaders.
• Survey Data: CAOs Wear Many Hats
• Survey Data: The CAO's Chain of Command
• Chief Academic Officers: A Comparison of District Oversight
• Vickie Murillo: Rebuilding Academics in a Struggling District
• John Youngquist: Getting the Right Resources Into Classrooms
• Michelle N. Pierre-Farid: Working to Turn Students Into Scholars
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Program Associate
- Facing History and Ourselves, Brookline, Massachusetts
- Chief Academic Officer
- Creative Minds International PCS, Washington D.C.
- Drafting / Architecture / 3D Prototyping
- Garinger High School, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Special Education Middle/High School Principal
- AHRC New York City, New York (Manhattan) County, New York
- Assistant Superintendent for Support Services
- Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools, Chapel Hill, North Carolina