Links in Education Week: August 10, 2005
This page provides links to reports and resources highlighted in this issue of Education Week. The headlines show the Education Week stories in which the references appear. The links below them will take you to resource materials on other Web sites.
- Read "Changes Over Time in the Early Postschool Outcomes of Youth With Disabilities" from the National Longitudinal Transition Study-2.
- View the results of the health care survey from the Association of School Business Officials International.
- "Most Students With Disabilities Participated in Statewide Assessments, but Inclusion Options Could Be Improved," is online from the Government Accountability Office.
- "Tapping America's Potential: The Education for Innovation Initiative," is posted by Business Roundtable.
- States Seen To Fall Short on Vision Care:
"Making the Grade? An Analysis of State and Federal Children’s Vision Care Policy," is available from the Vision Council of America.
- Teenagers Using Hormones, Steroids to Bulk Up:
“Exposure to the Mass Media, Body Shape Concerns, and Use of Supplements to Improve Weight and Shape Among Male and Female Adolescents” is available from Pediatrics.
- Internet Use Climbs Among Teens, Survey Shows:
"Teens and Technology: Youth Are Leading the Transition to a Fully Wired and Mobile Nation" is available from the Pew Internet & American Life Project.
- Teenagers Seen to Support School Prayer:
More information on the youth poll is available from the Gallup Organization.