Links in Education Week: June 22, 2005
This page provides links to reports and resources highlighted in this issue of Education Week. The headlines show the Education Week stories in which the references appear. The links below them will take you to resource materials on other Web sites.
- Order "Studying Teacher Education: The Report of the AERA Panel on Research and Teacher Education" from the American Educational Research Association.
- "Supplemental Educational Services: Non-Regulatory Guidance, June 13, 2005" is posted by the U.S. Department of Education. (Requires Microsoft Word)
- More information on the poll, "Ready for the Real World? Americans Speak on High School Reform," can be found from the Educational Testing Service.
- "First Year Impacts of Four Title V, Section 510 Abstinence Education Programs" is available from Mathematica Policy Research.
- The Heritage Foundation June 2005 report, "Adolescent Virginity Pledges, Condom Use, and Sexually Transmitted Diseases Among Young Adults" re-examines the link between young adults' abstinence vows and STD rates among adolescents.
- "The MetLife Survey of the American Teacher, 2004-2005: Transitions and the Role of Supportive Relationships" is available from the Metropolitan Life Insurance Company.
Read a complete transcript of economist Milton Friedman's interview with Education Week Senior Editor Caroline Hendrie.
- The Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine has an abstract of the article "Associations of Body Mass Index and Perceived Weight With Suicide Ideation and Suicide Attempts Among US High School Students".
- An abstract of the article "Prevalence, Severity, and Comorbidity of 12-Month DSM-IV Disorders in the National Comorbidity Survey Replication" is posted by the Archives of General Psychiatry .
- Poll Tracks Memories of High School Years:
More information on the poll, High School: Worst of Times or Best of Times," is available from the Gallup Organization.
- College Plans:
Results from the "JA Worldwide/Diversity Pipeline Alliance Poll," are posted by Junior Achievement Worldwide.
- Adult Learning:
"Investing Wisely in Adult Learning is Key to State Prosperity," is available from the Southern Regional Education Board.
- Teenage Drinking:
A summary of the results from the Miller Live Responsibly Survey" can be found from Market Wire.
- Dating Abuse:
Results from the "Teen Dating Abuse Survey 2005" are available from the Love Is Not Abuse Project.
- "How Have High School Exit Exams Changed Our Schools: Some Perspectives from Virginia and Maryland" is posted by the Center on Education Policy.
- Read the unofficial proposed IDEA regulations from the U.S. Department of Education . (Requires Microsoft Word)