News in Brief: A National Roundup
Teenagers’ Favorite Books
The Gallup Youth Survey asked teenagers which, if any, books they had read for pleasure in the past six months. The following books and series were mentioned by 10 or more of about 1,000 13- to 17-year-olds polled Jan. 17 to Feb. 6.
• Harry Potter series by J.K.Rowling
• The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
• Lemony Snicket's a Series of Unfortunate Events series by Daniel Handler
• The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
• The Bible
• Eragon by Christopher Paolini
• To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
• Gossip Girl series by Cecily von Ziegesar
• Chicken Soup for the Soul series by Jack Canfield, et al.
Vol. 24, Issue 37, Page 4Published in Print: May 18, 2005, as Teenagers’ Favorite Books