Links in Education Week: March 16, 2005
This page provides links to reports and resources highlighted in this issue of Education Week. The headlines show the Education Week stories in which the references appear. The links below them will take you to resource materials on other Web sites.
- "Restoring the Balance Between Academics and Civic Engagement in Public Schools" is available online from the National Council for the Social Studies.
- "Accountability for Better Results: A National Imperative for Higher Education" is available online from The State Higher Education Executive Officers. ()
- Irish Principals Cite Same Issues as U.S. Peers:
Read more about the findings from the "IPPN Survey on Principals Workload 2004."
- Scottish Study Finds Phonics Helped Pupils' Achievement:
"The Effects of Synthetic Phonics Teaching on Reading and Spelling Attainment" is available online from the Scottish Executive. ()
- Factors Influencing Retention Analyzed:
"Who Stays in Teaching and Why: A Review of the Literature on Teacher Retention" is scheduled to be online March 21 from the NRTA.
- Youth Programs:
Read more about the "Investing in Youth" poll, from The Forum for Youth Investment. ()
- Exposure to Violence:
Results from the survey are scheduled to be available from the National Child Traumatic Stress Network.
- NCLB Guidance:
"Identifying School Districts for Improvement and Corrective Action Under the No Child Left Behind Act" is available online from the Center on Education Policy. ()