Links in Education Week: March 9, 2005
This page provides links to reports and resources highlighted in this issue of Education Week. The headlines show the Education Week stories in which the references appear. The links below them will take you to resource materials on other Web sites.
- "Distance Education Courses for Public Elementary and Secondary School Students: 2002-03" is available online from the NCES. ()
- "A Systematic Review of School-Based Smoking Prevention Trials With Long-Term Follow-Up" is available online from the Journal of Adolescent Health, as well as an abstract. ()
- The "2004 Survey of the States" is available online from the National Council on Economic Education. ()
- Visit the National Latino Education Research Agenda Project online.
- Parent Survey Tracks Attitudes on Drugs:
"The 2004 Parent Attitude Tracking Survey" is available online from The Partnership for a Drug-Free America. ()
- Out-of-School Programs:
"Making Out-of-School-Time Matter: Evidence for an Action Agenda" is available online from RAND Corp.
- Academic Tracking:
"Does Educational Tracking Affect Performance and Inequality? Differences-in-Differences Evidence Across Countries" is available online from the National Bureau of Economic Research.
- Sleepy Students:
More information on the sleep study is available from Ball State University.
- Teenage Jobs:
More information on the high school jobs study is available from the University of Washington in Seattle.
News in Brief: A Washington Roundup
- Lawmakers Form Caucuses on After-School Issues:
"Working Families and Afterschool: A Special Report From America after 3 PM" is available online from the Afterschool Alliance. ()