Links in Education Week: February 23, 2005
This page provides links to reports and resources highlighted in this issue of Education Week. The headlines show the Education Week stories in which the references appear. The links below them will take you to resource materials on other Web sites.
- "Action Agenda: Redesigning the American High School," is available online from the 2005 National Education Summit on High Schools.
- The report, "A Market for Teacher Quality," is scheduled to be available from the National Bureau of Economic Research.
- "Rethinking High School: An Introduction to New York City's Experience" and "Rethinking High School: Five Profiles of Innovative Models for Student Success" are available online from WestEd.
- "The New Mexico Kindergarten Plus Program: Initial Findings and Recommendations, January 2005" is available online from the New Mexico Office of Education Accountability. ()
- "Special Education: Children With Autism" is available online from the Government Accountability Office. ()
- "Getting Ready: Findings from the National School Readiness Indicators Initiative" is available online.
- 100 Reform Models Described in Guide:
"Works in Progress: A Report on Middle and High School Improvement Programs" is available online from The CSRQ Center. ()
- Higher Education:
"Correcting Course: How We Can Restore the Ideals of Public Higher Education in a Market-Driven Era" is available online from The Futures Project. ()
- Early-Childhood Education:
The "T.E.A.C.H./WAGE$ National Annual Report 2003-04" is available online from the Child Care Services Association. ()
- Dental Health:
"SCHIP Takes a Bite Out of the Dental Access Gap for Low-Income Children" is available online from Mathematica Policy Research, Inc. ()
- Read Mr. Lauk's blog on successful school referenda.