Links in Education Week: February 2, 2005
This page provides links to reports and resources highlighted in this issue of Education Week. The headlines show the Education Week stories in which the references appear. The links below them will take you to resource materials on other Web sites.
- "Building the Foundation for Bright Futures" is available online from the National Governors Association. ()
- "The Future of the First Amendment" is available online from the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation.
- "The Relationship of High School Graduation Exams to Graduation Rates and SAT Scores" is available online from the Education Policy Analysis Archives. ()
- An abstract of "Chains of Affection: The Structure of Adolescent Romantic and Sexual Networks" is available online from the American Journal of Sociology.
- Standards Reform Seen as Unfinished:
"Unfinished Business: More Measured Approaches in Standards-Based Reform" is available online from ETS. ()
- Achievement Gap:
"Achievement Distributions and Fiscal Inequality in New Mexico Public School Districts" is available online from The Rural School and Community Trust. ()
- Learning Disabilities:
An abstract of "Neurologic and Developmental Disability at Six Years of Age after Extremely Preterm Birth" is available online from the New England Journal of Medicine.
- Childhood Asthma:
"Reducing Childhood Asthma Through Community-Based Service DeliveryNew York City, 2001-2004" is available online from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.