Links in Education Week: Nov. 24, 2004
This page provides links to reports and resources highlighted in this issue of Education Week. The headlines show the Education Week stories in which the references appear. The links below them will take you to resource materials on other Web sites.
- The report, "Curriculum-Based Interventions for Increasing K-12 Math Achievement-Middle School," will soon be available online from the What Works Clearinghouse.
- View "The High/Scope Perry Preschool Study Through Age 40" and an executive summary of "The Effects of Oklahoma's Universal Pre-Kindergarten Program on School Readiness." ()
- Read more about NAEYC's guidelines and data on preschool accreditation.
- "All Work and No Play? Listening to What Kids and Parents Really Want From Out-of-School Time" is available online from The Wallace Foundation.
- The report, "How Well Are American Students Learning?, is available online from the Brown Center on Education Policy.
- Private Schools' Number on Rise:
"Characteristics of Private Schools in the United States: Results From the 2001-2002 Private School Universe Survey" is available online from the National Center for Education Statistics.
- Teenage Pregnancy:
"Births to 10–14 Year-Old Mothers, 1990–2002: Trends and Health Outcomes" is available online from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. ()
- Online Education:
"Entering the Mainstream: The Quality and Extent of Online Education in the United States" is available online from The Sloan Consortium.
- Texas Dropouts:
"Texas Public School Attrition Study, 2003-04" is available online from the Intercultural Development Research Association.