Ingredients for a Successful District
The Annenberg Institute for School Reform has created a portfolio of tools for districts to use in redesigning themselves for better student results. Here are the areas in which the institute suggests districts concentrate:
- Adopting a budgeting system that allocates money to schools based on the number of students enrolled and their specific needs.
- Reviewing central-office functioning to better support schools.
- Embracing generally accepted principles of teaching and learning.
- Developing effective external partnerships.
- Finding, deploying, and keeping the best teachers and school leaders.
Source: "School Communities That Work for Results and Equity," from the Annenberg Institute's School Communities That Work initiative.
Vol. 22, Issue 8, Page 6Published in Print: October 23, 2002, as Ingredients for a Successful District