As November 7 draws near, Education Week tracks Campaign 2000
with the following state and national stories:
- In Races for Governor, Education Out in Front. In the 11 states picking governors, education gets top campaign billing almost anywhere you look.
- Summary Chart of Gubernatorial Candidates' Positions on Education. This chart provides comparative descriptions of the Democratic and Republican gubernatorial candidates' education platforms.
- Clinton-Lazio Race Highlights School Issues. Hillary Rodham Clinton has cast herself as a longtime education reformer who is well aware of the problems of New York's public schools.
- Congressional Contests Zero In on Education Themes. This chart takes a close look at selected races for the Senate and the House where education is playing a prominent role this year.
- Election Notebook. A roundup of campaign news.