'Selected Standards for Grades Pre-K-2
- Use input devices (e.g., mouse, keyboard, remote control) and output devices (e.g., monitor, printer) to successfully operate computers, VCRs, audiotapes, telephones, and other technologies.
- Communicate about technology using developmentally appropriate and accurate terminology.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with peers, family members, and others when using technology in the classroom.
- Use technology resources (e.g., puzzles, logical thinking programs, writing tools, digital cameras, drawing tools) for problem solving, communication, and illustration of thoughts, ideas, and stories.
- Gather information and communicate with others using telecommunications, with support from teachers, family members, or student partners.
SOURCE: International Society for Technology in Education.
Vol. 17, Issue 41, Pages 1, 28Published in Print: June 24, 1998, as 'Selected Standards for Grades Pre-K-2