Above & Beyond
The Constellation Community Middle School's charter stipulates that teachers will "individually and collectively" assume 19 administrative responsibilitiesin addition to their normal teaching duties. A selectionof those duties follows.
- Be informed about state curriculum frameworks and current trends in education.
- Plan, conduct, and evaluate programs to achieve school objectives that benefit all students.
- Direct the operation and security of school facilities to ensure a safe and orderly educational environment.
- Coordinate budgets, schedules, facilities, special programs, and activities that promote harmony and school spirit.
- Involve parents and community members in education and social activities that promote racial harmony.
- Facilitate collegial relationships, collaboration skills, and conflict-resolution techniques that leadto site-based management and shared decisionmaking.
- Use opportunities to involvethe community in seeking grants and funding.
- Develop and maintain effective means of communication between the school and community members and area businesses.
- Facilitate the engagement of parents in all school activities to improve the delivery of services to students.
- Perform other duties typically required of site administrators.
Vol. 16, Issue 11