The Northeast Project
The Northeast regional credential for administrators:
- Could be used by candidates seeking jobs in any of the seven participating states;
- Would be valid for three years at the entry level and five years at the advanced level;
- Is expected to be adopted in six states by fall 1996 and in New York by fall 1997;
- Is based on competencies already identified by state officials and other educators; and
- Would be awarded if administrators pass performance-based evaluations, now being developed.
The credential-assessment program would:
- Evaluate district- and building-level administrators
- Assess all candidates at entry and advanced stages; and,
- Use portfolios, work samples, oral responses, and other means to
measure administrators' abilities.
Vol. 13, Issue 27