Tennessee Plan's Highlights
- Number of required courses: 14
- Type of courses: English (4), math (3), science (3), social studies (3), and health/physical fitness/wellness (1).
University Preparation Pathway
- Number of required courses: 17
- Type of courses: Core curriculum plus one fine-arts course and two courses of the same language.
Technical Preparation Pathway
- Number of required courses: 18
- Type of courses: Core curriculum plus four courses related to the same occupational field.
- 20 credits needed to graduate.
- Every student must finish algebra I or its equivalent to graduate.
- Students must select a pathway prior to the 9th grade, in consultation with their parents and a teacher or guidance counselor. They may change paths relatively easily until the beginning of 11th grade.
- Because students may take up to 24 credits before graduating, they have some flexibility to switch paths or to complete both.
Vol. 13, Issue 04