Grading Guidelines-Science, Grades 9-12
2.Twenty-five percent of a student's mark is derived from the laboratory performance as follows:
A = 90-100
- Consistently displays skills and laboratory reports exceeding requirements.
B = 80-89
- Often displays skills and does laboratory reports which exceed requirements.
C = 75-79
- Displays average skill performance and meets average standards for laboratory reports.
D = 70-74
- Displays minimum standards but does not perform above failing, submits laboratory reports at minimum level.
E = 60-69
F = 0-59
- Student performance of tasks does not meet acceptable standards.
3.Fifteen percent of student's mark is homework and other projects.
Mark of A
- Student exceeds homework requirements and actively participates
in all classwork.
Student does research and science project which is entered in science competition beyond school level.
Mark of B
- Student completes homework as required, participates in class, and does research and science project at school level.
Mark of C
- Student usually completes homework assignments, may participate in class, and does library research and project at classroom level.
Vol. 07, Issue 26