Public school funding, teacher pay, and improving academic outcomes in the Every Student Succeeds Act era have fueled midterm-election debate in many states. Here's some key issues and states to watch. (September 24, 2018)
Teachers and administrators are still grappling with lingering storm damage, the impact of school closures, and how best to address the trauma left by last September's devastation. (September 19, 2018)
Commentary: Michele Miller-Cox
Rick Hess Straight Up
Education policy researchers today are often rewarded for using cool tools to study big data sets. But competent researchers need expertise in both methods and the substance of education. (September 24, 2018)
Differentiation is not about long nights of planning and grading, but about being flexible and making decisions in the moment based on what your students need, Larry Ferlazzo explains.
Billionaire Jeff Bezos today tweeted that he will be launching “Montessori-style preschools” and supporting organizations that help homeless families with a $2 billion philanthropic fund. This story is from EdWeek Market Brief, a service offering business and school leaders actionable insights about the K-12 marketplace. (September 13, 2018)
National Content Partners
Regional News Partners
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director of Finance and Grants Administration
- GREENBURGH ELEVEN UFSD, Dobbs Ferry, New York
- Drafting / Architecture / 3D Prototyping
- Garinger High School, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Chief Academic Officer
- Creative Minds International PCS, Washington D.C.
- Principal, Chappaqua Central School District
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Chappaqua, New York
- Chief Financial Officer
- Portsmouth Public Schools, Portsmouth, Virginia