Opinion: Marc Brackett & Diana Divecha
Rick Hess Straight Up
What does it take for rural students to succeed academically? This three-part video series follows two Native American students as they transition from high school to higher education.
More than a third of the nearly 300 college admissions officers surveyed by the Kaplan Test Prep company say they have visited sites like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube to get more information about a prospective student. (January 13, 2020)
Cancer has forced teacher Johanna Rauhala to leave her classroom. As she packs up her things, she reflects on her work, and writes that she feels honored to have served alongside those who spend their days "pushing the current of knowledge along." (January 14, 2020)
Many companies designing games for the education space are falling short in anticipating the demands of special-needs populations, attendees of the recent ED Games Expo said. This story is from EdWeek Market Brief, a service offering business and school leaders actionable insights about the K-12 marketplace. (January 13, 2020)
National Content Partners
Regional News Partners
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Founding Principal - Environmental Charter High School (ECHS)
- Environmental Charter School, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Executive Director (Head of School)
- Triangle Associates, Burien, Washington State
- Multiple Positions
- Legacy Academy of Excellence Charter School, Rockford, Illinois
- Superintendent of Schools
- rhinebeck Central School District, Rhinebeck, New York
- University Guidance Counselor. IB School. Dubai.
- Galvin Education, Dubai (City) (AE)