The divisive debate over arming educators, as well as the need for student mental health services, were prime topics at a whirlwind series of school safety commission hearings, but gun control didn’t make the agenda. (August 17, 2018)
While many school safety conversations since the Feb. 14 shooting in Parkland, Fla., have focused on "hardening schools" with physical security measures, keeping students safe requires a broader, multifaceted approach, panelists said. (August 16, 2018)
COMMENTARY: Gabrielle Weber
State News and Resources
WhoYouKnow.org is a new resource from the Clayton Christensen Institute to help schools identify ed-tech that will connect students with ideas, opportunities, and expert advice from their communities, and the world. This story is from EdWeek Market Brief, a service offering business and school leaders actionable insights about the K-12 marketplace. (August 8, 2018)
National Content Partners
First Lady Melania Trump plans cyberbullying summit (08/16 11:44 am)
Regional News Partners
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Special Education
- Marion County Public Schools, Ocala, Florida
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship
- Department Of Energy, Washington D.C.
- Chief Communications Officer
- Fulton County Schools, Atlanta, Georgia
- Assistant Superintendent, Innovative Programs
- Fulton County Schools, Atlanta, GA, US
- Director of the Gan Preschool at Adas Israel Congregation, Washington, DC, starting 7/1/2019
- The Gan at Adas Israel, 2850 Quebec St, NW, Washington D.C.