- States participating in the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium will offer a choice of both a longer and a shorter version of common assessments.
- “Writing 2011: National Assessment of Educational Progress at Grades 8 and 12" is by the National Assessment Governing Board.
- “Efficacy of the Responsive Classroom Approach: Results From a Three Year, Longitudinal Randomized Control Trial” was released at the fall meeting of the Society for Research on Educational Effectiveness.
- “Education at a Glance 2012: OECD Indicators” is by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development.
- “Investigating the Role of Human Resources in School Turnaround: Evidence From Two States” is by the American Institutes for Research, and will be released later this month.
- A Portland Press Herald investigation found large portions of Maine’s digital education agenda are being guided behind the scenes by out-of-state companies that stand to capitalize on the changes.
A version of this article appeared in the September 19, 2012 edition of Education Week