Intensive Induction Shows Little Impact
• “Impacts of Comprehensive Teacher Induction: Results from the First Year of a Randomized Controlled Study” is by the Institute for Education Sciences.
College Costs Rise as Economy Slows
• “Trends in College Pricing” is by the College Board.
Charter School Teaching
• “Success at Scale in Charter Schooling” is available from the American Enterprise Institute.
• “Assessing School Engagement: A Guide for Out-of-School Time Program Practitioners” is by Child Trends.
Vision Problems and Reading
• “Convergence Insufficiency Treatment Trial” is published in the Archives of Opthalmology.
Analysis Tracks Teachers’ Use of Discretionary Leave Time
• “Tales of Teacher Absence is by the Center for American Progress.
Scholars Discuss Role of ‘Disruptive Innovation’ in K-12 Education
• The Webcast on ‘disruptive innovation’ is available from the American Enterprise Institute.
Overhaul School Finance Systems, Researchers Urge
• “Funding Student Learning: How to Align Education Resources with Student Learning Goals” is by the Center on Reinventing Public Education.
Pilot Projects to Aim at Workforce Issues
• “Tough Choices or Tough Times” is by the New Commission on the Skills of the American Workforce