- “U.S. Math Performance in Global Perspective” is by the Program on Education Policy and Governance at Harvard University.
- “Patterns of Student Mobility Among English Language Learner Students in Arizona Public Schools” is by the Institute of Education Sciences.
- “Establishing Research-Based Trajectories of Office Discipline Referrals for Individual Students” can be found in the School Psychology Review.
- “Measuring Teacher and Leader Performance: Cross-Sector Lessons for Excellent Evaluations” is by Public Impact.
- “Characteristics of the 100 Largest Public Elementary and Secondary School Districts in the United States: 2008-09" is by the National Center for Education Statistics.
- “Helping School Personnel Control Student Misuse of Electronic Communication On and Off Campus” is by the Center for Education Policy and Law at the University of San Diego.
- “Achievement Effects of Four Early Elementary Math Curricula: Findings for First and Second Graders” is by the Institute of Education Sciences.
SPECIAL REPORT: PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- “Reviewing the Evidence on How Teacher Professional Development Affects Student Achievement” is by the Institute of Education Sciences.
- “Moving the Learning of Teaching Closer to Practice: Teacher Education Implications of School-Based Inquiry Teams” can be found in the Elementary School Journal.
- “Impact of the Professional Development Model on Reading Instruction and Student Outcomes in First Grade Classrooms” is by the Instructional Research Group.
A version of this article appeared in the November 10, 2010 edition of Education Week