PAGES 1, 16, 18
Infections Put Administrators to the Test:
• More detailed information about preventing staph infections is available from the Mayo Clinic, the National Athletic Trainers’ Association, the National Federation of State High School Associations, and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
• “Preschool: First Findings From the Preschool Follow-up of the Early Childhood Longitudinal Study, Birth Cohort” is published by the National Center for Education Statistics.
• “Impact of For-Profit and Non-Profit Management on Student Achievement: The Philadelphia Experiment” is available from Harvard University’s Kennedy School of Government.
School Athletics on the Front Line in MRSA Prevention:
• Read the National Federation of State High School Associations’ guidelines for proper hygiene for athletic programs.
Spellings Offers Guidance to Help Clarify Privacy Law:
• Read the Education Department’s FERPA guidance and the FBI’s study on crime in schools and colleges.