This page provides links to reports and resources highlighted in this issue of Education Week. The headlines show the Education Week stories in which the references appear. The links below them will take you to resource materials on other Web sites.
- “Examining the Gaps in Mathematics Achievement Among Racial-Ethnic Groups, 1972-1992,” is available online from RAND Corporation. ()
- “Alternative Routes to the Standard Diploma,” is provided online by the National Center on Educational Outcomes. ()
- Teachnology Counts 2005 will be available online May 5 from Education Week.
- Scores Compared For Public, Private Pupils:
“Re-Examining a Primary Premise of Market Theory: An Analysis of NAEP Data on Achievement in Public and Private Schools,” is posted online by the National Center For the Study of Privatization in Education. ()
“Profiles of For-Profit Education Management Organizations 2004-2005,” is available from Arizona State University’s Education Policy Studies Laboratory.()
A summary of the study, “Can Abstinence Work: An Analysis of the Best Friends Program,” is available online from the Best Friends Foundation.
“Stocks in the Future: Investing in Students” provides a program overview on its curriculum that teaches investment fundamentals to middle and high shool students.
“What American Teens and Adults Know About Economics,” is available for review online by the National Council on Economic Education. ()
- The April 2005 report, “PPIC Statewide Survey: Special Survey on Education,” is available online from the Public Policy Institute of California. ()