This page provides links to reports and resources highlighted in this issue of Education Week. The headlines show the Education Week stories in which the references appear. The links below them will take you to resource materials on other Web sites.
- “The National Randomized Field Trial of Success for All: Second-Year Outcomes” is available online from the Success for All Foundation. (Requires Microsoft Word)
- Rural School and Community Trust. () is available online from the
- The recent report, “The Impact of the SAT and ACT Timed Writing Tests,” has been released online by The National Council of Teachers of English.
- The report, “Who’s Teaching Our Youngest Students?,” is available from The National Institute for Early Education Research.()
- Teacher Quality Seen Rooted in Academics:
The April 2005 Policy Report, “Lifting Teacher Performance,” is posted online by the Progressive Policy Institute.()
The full report, “State of the World’s Mothers 2005,” is online from Save The Children. ()
For information about obtaining survey results, please see Schoolmatch.com.
More information on the UCLA study can be found from The Pritikin Longevity Center.
- “The State of the Charter Movement 2005: Trends Issues and Indicators,” is available from the Charter Schools Leadership Council. ()
- Study: Bus Riders Exposed to High Levels of Exhaust:
An abstract of the report, “Vehicle Self-Pollution Intake Fraction: Children’s Exposure to School Bus Emissions,” is available from the April 2005 issue of Environmental Science and Technology.
The report “Age at First Use of Marijuana and Past Year Serious Mental Illness,” can be viewed online from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of Applied Studies. ()
- “Professional Standards for the Accreditation of Schools, Colleges, and Departments of Education,” is available for purchase from NCATE.