- “Special Investigation into CRCT Cheating at APS: Overview, Interviews, School Summaries” is by the office of Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal.
NRC: Put Science on Par With Math
- For a longer version of this article, read “NRC Wants Science Put on Par With Math, Reading.”
- For a longer version of this article, read “New Study Questions Validity of Two Parts of ACT” (College Bound Blog).
- For a longer version of this article, read “Study: The Promise of Free Tuition Boosts Student Motivation” (Curriculum Matters Blog).
- For a longer version of this article, read “A Different Approach to Teacher Pensions in Charter Schools” (State EdWatch Blog).
- For a longer version of this article, read “Rural Students Look Beyond Counselors for Career Guidance” (Rural Education Blog).
- Test design changes were announced at a June 24 meeting of the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers Governing Board.
- A 2009 report and a 2011 report analyzing trends on the National Assessment of Educational Progress are by the National Center for Education Statistics.
- “Is Gifted Education a Bright Idea?” is by the National Bureau of Economic Research.
- “State of the States In Gifted Education” is by the The Council of State Directors of Programs for the Gifted and The National Association for Gifted Children.
- “Number Sense” can be found in the journal Child Development.
- “Common and segregated neural pathways for the processing of symbolic and nonsymbolic numerical magnitude” is from NeuroImage.
- “Improving Reading to Improve Math” can be found in the June issue of the journal Scientific Studies of Reading.
- The 2004 study “Somatotopic Representation of Action Words in Human Motor and Premotor Cortex” can be found in the journal Neuron.
A version of this article appeared in the July 13, 2011 edition of Education Week