- “Data Mining for Understanding and Detecting Student Behaviors” is by Ryan S. J. d. Baker.
- “Addressing the Assessment Challenge with an Online System That Tutors as it Assesses” is by Carnegie Mellon and Worcester Polytechnic.
- “State Test Score Trends Through 2008-09, Part 2: Slow and Uneven Progress in Narrowing Gaps” is by the Center on Education Policy.
- “Are Bad Schools Immortal? The Scarcity of Turnarounds and Shutdowns in Both Charter and District Sectors” is by the Thomas B. Fordham Institute and Basis Policy Research.
- “Many Challenges Arise in Educating Students Who Change Schools Frequently” is by the U.S. Government Accountability Office.
- “Choice Without Options: Why School Choice Is Less Than It Seems in Washington, D.C.” is by the American Enterprise Institute.
- “States’ Progress and Challenges in Implementing Common Core State Standards” is by the Center on Education Policy.
- “Learning About Teaching: Initial Findings from the Measures of Effective Teaching Project” is by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- “Building Better Students: Preparation for Life After High School” is an event sponsored by Educational Testing Service, the College Board, and The American Educational Research Association.
- “Rethinking Mentoring: Comparing Policy and Practice in Special and General Education” is by Leah Wasburn-Moses at Miami University.
- “Leveraging Technology to Reclaim American Educational Leadership” was a discussion sponsored by the Brookings Institution.
- “S. 3307: Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010" was signed into law on Dec. 13, 2010.
A version of this article appeared in the January 12, 2011 edition of Education Week