Staff Development Tied to Literacy Gains for Students
• Read the audit of professional-development literacy programs conducted by the Community Training and Assistance Center.
Campaigns Spreading to Reverse Downturn in Library Financing
• Read the “School Libraries Count!: National Survey of School Library Media Programs 2007" published by the American Library Association.
Governors Urged to Push Pay Strategies
• Read “Improving Teaching Through Pay for Contribution” as published by the National Governors Association.
School Spending Boost, Revised Funding Formula Pressed in Pennsylvania
• Read Gov. Edward G. Rendell’s proposed fiscal 2009 budget.
U.S. ‘Dashboards’ Offer Data on State Achievement
• Read the national and state data on student academic performance conducted by the U.S. Department of Education.