This page provides links to reports and resources highlighted in this issue of Education Week. The headlines show the Education Week stories in which the references appear. The links below them will take you to resource materials on other Web sites.
- The report, “National Institute of Statistical Sciences/Education Statistics Services Institute Task Force on Graduation, Completion, and Dropout Indicators,” is available online from the NCES. ()
- “Characteristics of Private Schools in the United States” is available online from NCES.
- The report, “The Content of Federally Funded Abstinence-Only Education Programs,” is available online from the Democratic staff of the House Government Reform Committee. ()
- “Public Education and Black Male Students: A State Report Card” is available online from The Schott Foundation for Public Education. ()
- “A Study of MCAS Achievement and Promising Practices in Urban Special Education” is available online from the Donahue Institute. ()
- “Closing the Racial Achievement Gap: The Role of Reforming Instructional Practices” is available online from the Education Policy Analysis Archives. ()
- Read an abstract of the study, “Educational Experiences of Children in Out-of-Home Care,” online from the University of Chicago’s Chapin Hall Center for Children.
- View the tutorial, “English Language Learners in the Mainstream,” from the New Jersey Department of Education.
- “Computers and Student Learning: Bivariate and Multivariate Evidence on the Availability and Use of Computers at Home and at School” is available online from CESifo. ()
Teaching & Learning Update
- Slightly Higher Teacher Shortages Reported in 2003-04:
The “2003 Educator Supply and Demand Research Report” is scheduled to be available soon from The American Association for Employment in Education.
“Career Academy National Standards of Practice” is available online from the National High School Alliance. ()
- NEA Ranks States on Ed. Spending:
The update of “Rankings and Estimates” is available online from the National Education Association. ()
A summary and ordering information for “Windows of Opportunity” are available online from NASBE.
“From Classroom to Citizen: American Attitudes on Civic Education” is scheduled to be available online in the near future from the Campaign for the Civic Mission of Schools.
“Engagement by Design” is available online from The Community College Survey of Student Engagement. ()
The 2004 “Video Game Report Card” is available online from the National Institute on Media and the Family.
“Learning by Doing” is available online from the Appalachian Regional Commission. ()
- “Arkansas Statewide Educational Facilities Assessment - 2004,” is available online from the Arkansas Task Force to Joint Committee on Educational Facilities. ()
News in Brief: A State Capitals Roundup