PAGES 1, 12
Policy Focus Turning to Principal Quality:
• “Principal Compensation: More Research Needed on a Promising Reform” is available from the Center for American Progress.
• The National Association of Secondary School Principals has issued guidance for measuring highly effective principals.
PAGES 1, 13
Teenage Alcohol Use:
• “Why Do High School Seniors Drink? Implications for a Targeted Approach to Intervention” appeared in the December 2007 issue of Prevention Science.
• “The Data Informed District: A District-Wide Evaluation of Data Use in the Natrona County School District” is posted by the University of Texas at Austin’s Department of Educational Administration.
Childhood Weight Problems:
• “Childhood Body-Mass Index and the Risk of Coronary Heart Disease in Adulthood” appeared in the December 6, 2007, issue of the The New England Journal of Medicine.
• “Predictors of Poor Sportspersonship in Youth Sports: Personal Attitudes and Social Influences” appeared in the December 2007 issue of the Journal of Sports & Exercise Psychology.
Federal Changes Could Boost School-Run Radio Stations:
• Read more about the FCC’s rules on low-power FM radio.