- The “Advancing High-Quality Professional Learning Through Collective Bargaining and State Policy” is by the National Staff Development Council, the National Education Association, the American Federation of Teachers, and the Council of Chief State School Officers.
- “Change in Prevalence of Hearing Loss in U.S. Adolescents” is published in the Aug. 18 issue of Journal of the American Medical Association.
- The “National Survey of American Attitudes on Substance Abuse XV: Teens and Parents” is by the National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse.
- “Yes We Can: The 2010 Schott 50 State Report on Black Males in Public Education” is by the Schott Foundation for Public Education.
- “The State of Public Education in New Orleans: Five Years After Hurricane Katrina” is by the Scott S. Cowen Institute for Public Education Initiatives at Tulane University in New Orleans (2010).
- “How Fare the Displaced and Returned Residents of New Orleans? Results of an Innovative Pilot Study” is by the RAND Gulf States Policy Institute in New Orleans and Jackson, Miss. (2010).
- “Charter School Performance in Louisiana Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader” is by the Center for Research on Education Outcomes at Stanford University in Palo Alto, Calif. (2009).
- “A Portrait of Louisiana: Louisiana Human Development Report 2009" is by the Sarah Burd-Sharps, Kristen Lewis, and Eduardo Borges Martins for the American Human Development Project of the Social Science Research Council in New York City.
- “The State of Public Schools in Post-Katrina New Orleans: The Challenge of Creating Equal Opportunity” is by the Institute on Race and Poverty at the University of Minnesota Law School.
- “Disasters and Their Impact on Child Development “ is in the August issue of the journal Child Development.
A version of this article appeared in the August 25, 2010 edition of Education Week