This page provides links to reports and resources highlighted in this issue of Education Week. The headlines show the Education Week stories in which the references appear. The links below them will take you to resource materials on other Web sites.
- Read a summary of “The Charter School Dust-Up: Examining the Evidence on Enrollment and Achievement” or purchase the book online from the Economic Policy Institute.
- “A Profile of the American High School Sophomore in 2002: Initial Results from the Base Year of the Education Longitudinal Study of 2002" is available online from the Education Commission of the States. ()
- “School Improvement Under No Child Left Behind” is available online from the Center for American Progress, as well as an executive summary. ()
- Universal Preschool Seen as Money Saver:
“The Economics of Investing in Universal Preschool Education in California” is available online from the RAND Corporation. ()
“The Foundation for Child Development Index of Child Well-Being, 1975-2003, With Projections for 2004,” is offered online by the Foundation for Child Development.()
“High School Exit Examination for Pupils With Disabilities: Preliminary Report,” is posted online by the California Department of Education. ()
“Public Education Finances 2003,” is available online from the U.S. Census Bureau. ()
“Education on Lockdown: The Schoolhouse to Jailhouse Track,” is posted online by the Advancement Project. ()
“Educational Attainment in the United States,” can be found online from the U.S. Census Bureau.
- “California Department of Education’s Compliance With the Unsafe School Choice Option Provision” is available online from the U.S. Department of Education. ()
- Read Betsy Rogers’ online Web log for Teacher Magazine.