- “The Ease of Processing Heuristic and the Stability Bias: Dissociating Memory, Memory Beliefs, and Memory Judgment” will be published in an upcoming issue of Psychological Science.
- “Organizing Instruction and Study to Improve Student Learning” is from the Institute of Education Science.
- “Testing the retrieval effort hypothesis: Does greater difficulty correctly recalling information lead to higher levels of memory?” is from the Journal of Memory and Language.
- The U.S. Department of Education convened a hearing to advise consortia on dealing with technological-capacity issues at the state and district level.
- The new regulations regarding the Common Core State Standards and English-language learners were published April 19 in the Federal Registry.
A version of this article appeared in the April 27, 2011 edition of Education Week