Parents and community leaders who want to keep up with changes in how the public is influencing decisions about schools face the challenge of sorting through sometimes overwhelming amounts of information.
For an overview of these issues, Education Week has created a new Spotlight on Parent Empowerment and Choice. Education Week editors selected seven key stories that give readers insights in these areas where change is occurring.
This free Spotlight features the following topics:
• ‘Parent trigger’ laws allowing parents to restructure struggling schools
• Special education vouchers paving the way for broader school choice initiatives
• ‘Hybrid’ approaches to home schooling
• Impacts of state voucher laws
• Charters designed for integration
The articles in the series are available as a downloadable PDF, or for viewing online.
A version of this news article first appeared in the K-12 Parents and the Public blog.